The Back Cover: Paul Shows Us What Content to Include
An online devotional for writers
A Word From The Word
This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” (Romans 1:17, NLT)
A Word For Writers
The back cover motivates a reader to read your book. It includes …
- A teaser: a promise if what’s to come, usually in 5-10 words or so
- A book summary: the answer to, “What’s your book about?”
- Your credentials: a reason why you’re qualified to write the book
- Testimonials: recommendations from others about you and your work
In Romans 1:1-17, Paul offers us a tidy example of content to include on a book’s back cover … even though the passage is at the beginning of the book. Look how Paul includes each of the back cover elements:
- A teaser: God promised this Good News long ago (1:2)
- A book summary: Paul’s book will explain how God makes us right in His sight through faith (1:17)
- His credentials: Paul is a slave of Christ Jesus, chosen by God, sent to preach His Good News (1:1)
- Testimonials: Other Gentiles experienced powerful change as a result of Paul’s ministry (1:13)
A book’s back cover gives the reader just enough information to spark his interest and make him want to read the book.
After all, look at Paul. He stirred you to read Romans, right?
A Wise Word
Your book’s back cover content shows that your book is worth reading.
A Word To Pray
Your Book is worth reading. Thank you for including content that moves me to read it. Show me how to write back cover content to compel my readers to read my book.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
More Devotionals for Writers
The Book Launch Team: Surround Yourself with Support ...
The Book Summary: It’s Your Cornerstone as You Write ...
The Book Title: Choose a Short One ...
The Front Matter: Use Add-Ons to Add Legitimacy ...
The Back Matter: Give Readers MORE Than They Expect ...
The Preface: Explain the Origin of Your Book ...
More Devotionals for Writers on our Pinterest board ...
Wise Words: Devotionals for Writers ...
Join other Christian Writers in the Writing for Ministries Community ...
Free Mini-Course: Getting Started Writing Devotionals ...
Get more devotionals for writers delivered to your inbox each week:
Return from The Back Cover to Nonprofit Copywriter home
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Powered by SBI! Learn more here.